Floresta e Ambiente
https://floram.org/journal/floram/article/doi/10.4322/floram.2013.043
Floresta e Ambiente
Original Article Conservation of Nature

Usos da Terra e Áreas de Preservação Permanente (APP) na Bacia do Rio da Prata, Castelo-ES

Land Use and Permanent Preservation Areas (PPA) in the Watershed of Rio da Prata, Brazil

Coutinho, Luciano Melo; Zanetti, Sidney Sára; Cecílio, Roberto Avelino; Garcia, Giovanni de Oliveira; Xavier, Alexandre Cândido

Downloads: 0
Views: 246

Resumo

Este trabalho avaliou o uso da terra e identificou Áreas de Preservação Permanente (APPs) na Bacia Hidrográfica do Rio da Prata (BRP), município de Castelo-ES, via técnicas de geoprocessamento. A BRP é marcada pela supressão de vegetação nativa, para expansão da fronteira agropecuária. As classes de uso da terra foram vetorizadas por fotointerpretação de aerofotos ortorretificadas. A delimitação das APPs foi realizada a partir de dados de hidrografia e altimetria de cartas topográficas digitais, com respeito às determinações do Código Florestal Brasileiro. A principal forma de uso da terra é a agropecuária (60,84% da área total), composta pela agricultura (30,21%) e pela pecuária (30,63%), sendo que a área preservada com floresta nativa é de 36,85%. As APPs representam 55,48% da área total e sua maior parte (50,40%) é utilizada para fins socioeconômicos, enquanto a cobertura florestal representa apenas 49,60%.

Palavras-chave

manejo de bacias hidrográficas, uso e ocupação do solo, Áreas de Proteção Ambiental (APP), Bacia do Rio da Prata (ES)

Abstract

In this study, we evaluated the use of land and identified the Permanent Preservation Areas (PPA) in the watershed of Rio da Prata (RPW) in the municipality of Castelo, Espirito Santo state, using geoprocessing techniques. RPW is marked by the removal of native vegetation for the expansion of the agricultural frontier. The classes of land use were vectored by photointerpretation of orthorectified aerial photographs. The delimitation of the PPAs was carried out based on hydrography and altimetry data from digital topographic maps according to the determinations of the Brazilian Forest Code. The main forms of land use are agriculture (30.21%) and livestock (30.63%), totaling 60.84% of the area, and the preserved area of native forest occupies 36.85% of the total area. The PPAs represent 55.48% of the total area, with most of it (50.40%) being used for socioeconomic purposes, while the forestry cover represents only 49.60%.

Keywords

watershed management, land use and occupancy, Environmental Protection Areas (EPA), Rio da Prata watershed
588e2276e710ab87018b47b4 floram Articles
Links & Downloads

FLORAM

Share this page
Page Sections